-
Re: game updates
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With those numbers, you are actually depending on a team that has lost 2 games in a row to win 2 in a row against decent competition. Plus, you are banking on every game to go the way you think it will go...I just don't see it happening. </div></div>
Virginia High will have a huge problem with Lee's rushing attack, really don't know if they have the defense to stop it. Haysi's defense is pretty porous as well when it comes to stopping the run too - they've not played quality opposition this season outside of Clintwood & Honaker.
As far as banking on games how I think they will go, I really thought Cumberland, KY would defeat Cawood, KY last night - but they didn't. That gave Lee two more rider points that I wasn't thinking they'd collect. I also didn't figure in Middlesboro would give South Laurel as good of a game as they did (Middlesboro lost 48-45 last night) & they face 1A Lynn Camp this coming Friday, which is a good opponent but a smaller school than Middlesboro. If Middlesboro defeats Lynn Camp, there is 2 more rider points that I did not factor in for Lee. All in all, yeah I have to think that what I posted last night is pretty much accurate.
-
Re: game updates
My point is this: Lee is on a 2 game losing streak, they have 2 pretty good teams coming up..and everything has to go right for them...Too many ifs I think.
-
Re: game updates
I have been trying to get them to be like Old Regular Holiness with all of the whooping, shouting, and hollerin' ,but I have had no luck.
-
Re: game updates
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is this: Lee is on a 2 game losing streak, they have 2 pretty good teams coming up..and everything has to go right for them...Too many ifs I think. </div></div>
Maybe so, but I do see them winning their next two games to close out the regular season. Lee High has a good football team, but what bothers me is that they played 4 out-of-state opponents & went 4-0 against them while they are 1-3 against in-state competition - with their only win coming over perennial cellar-dwellar John Battle - who they trailed 14-7 at the end of the first quarter in that contest.
Lee High went to the measures of claiming hardship to the VHSL to get demoted to Single A - stating that travel was the biggest issue. Since they were demoted, instead of playing in-state competition - those same Single A schools that they said they would be located closest to, they've jumped across state lines to play less than stellar competition and racked up wins in doing so. Again, I think Lee has a good football program and their new head coach seems to have turned things around for them, which I think is great - but in all honesty I believe VHSL-sanctioned schools should have to face at least 8 in-state schools during the regular season. All teams within our state start out the season with the goal of making the VHSL playoffs, and in my opinion to make the VHSL playoffs a team should have to at least play a great majority of teams within their home state. Just my own opinion.
-
Re: game updates
I think Lee is improved..but not in the top 4 D2 teams in the region. Every win they get gives points to GC, but I see them splitting their remaining 2..I still say PV-Honaker will be the 1-4 game and GC-Lebanon as the 2-3 game.
-
Re: game updates
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Lee is improved..but not in the top 4 D2 teams in the region. Every win they get gives points to GC, but I see them splitting their remaining 2..I still say PV-Honaker will be the 1-4 game and GC-Lebanon as the 2-3 game. </div></div>
And I agree with you, Lee High has improved greatly, but also don't think they are in the top four teams in Div. 2 Region D. Even with that said, I do see them defeating Virginia High and Haysi. My personal opinion is that Gate City will have to defeat J.I. Burton this coming Friday to make the playoffs.
-
Re: game updates
Good points...a team in VA should play within state.
-
Re: game updates
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to get them to be like Old Regular Holiness with all of the whooping, shouting, and hollerin' ,but I have had no luck. </div></div>
Looked for your ugly mug last night at Appy...couldn't locate you. Were you there?
-
Re: game updates
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good points...a team in VA should play within state. </div></div>
I have no problems with out of state competition, I think that some out of state scheduling can be good - but four out of ten regular season opponents?
Where Lee High has tried repeatedly to drop down to Single A claiming travel hardship, that there isn't enough AA teams in the area to face within a reasonable distance, but if they could drop would have plenty of Single A competition right at their front doorstep - and then go schedule a load of out-of-state opponents - what kind of message does that send?
-
Re: game updates
I understand your argument, and agree with it as well.